[Fluxus] FreeFrame and Video Buffer

roger pibernat rogerpibernat at gmail.com
Mon May 21 00:37:33 PDT 2012

>>  yes, freeframe gl plugins are supported, and it's only 32-bit. i have
> been planning to revise the code for 64-bit for a long time. it's possible
> with freeframe 1.6. if you are on osx,

I'm on osx, but I'm teamed up with a windows man and should be
cross-platform.  32-bit is enough and ff1.5 would be great but, 1.0 will
suffice

> there are about 80 coreimage ffgl plugins packed with the binary fluxus
> distribution.

awesome!  I just found the example... duh  Will investigate that

>  Yes if you have a recent (last 2-3 years) GPU you can probably manipulate
>> HD video in real time with fragment shaders, depending of course on how
>> complicated your processing is.
>>
> i second this. fluxus will perfectly match your needs if you use shaders
> or you write ffgl plugins.

oh, sure!  Hadn't thought of that.  If I can render the output to a texture
I can apply shaders alright.  No need on touching the pixels.  Will have to
learn GLSL though.  I started learning it a bit a while ago, but will have
to get serious about it now :)

semi-off-topic, not fluxus, but opengl glsl shaders: these experiments from

> really nice indeed.

May I ask another question related to the topic?
Input will probably be a camera feed, but I may need to store it in a
buffer and play it back later.  I was thinking on building a buffer myself
with a vector of textures and then rendering them as needed.  Would that be
right or is there a better way to do it?

Thank you all so much for your help.  I will definitely give a shot coding
the project in fluxus.