[Fluxus] FreeFrame and Video Buffer

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon May 21 01:04:07 PDT 2012

> I'm on osx, but I'm teamed up with a windows man and should be
> cross-platform.  32-bit is enough and ff1.5 would be great but, 1.0 will
> suffice
ff1.0 is not supported, because it works on the cpu, and it is not really
possible to make it work with a decent speed in opengl that fluxus uses.

> awesome!  I just found the example... duh  Will investigate that
these osx ffgl plugins are not cross platform, since they are based on the
coreimage filters of osx. on the other hand it's quite convinient and
easy to achieve the same effects with them, as you would do with shaders.

> Input will probably be a camera feed, but I may need to store it in a buffer
> and play it back later.  I was thinking on building a buffer myself with a
> vector of textures and then rendering them as needed.  Would that be right
> or is there a better way to do it?
you can create a vector of pixel-primitives or one pixel-primitive with
multiple textures attached to it. the examples ffgl.scm and
pixels-feedback.scm show how to do the latter. basically you create a
pixel-primitive with more textures then select which one you would like to
display and render into.

best,