[Fluxus] FreeFrame and Video Buffer

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Sun May 20 11:03:42 PDT 2012

> Looks like there's some code built in, but I've personally not tried it
> (also I'm not sure if it works on 64bit, the freeframe spec seems
> 32bit):
yes, freeframe gl plugins are supported, and it's only 32-bit. i have been
planning to revise the code for 64-bit for a long time. it's possible with
freeframe 1.6. if you are on osx, there are about 80 coreimage ffgl
plugins packed with the binary fluxus distribution.

> Yes if you have a recent (last 2-3 years) GPU you can probably manipulate HD
> video in real time with fragment shaders, depending of course on how
> complicated your processing is.
i second this. fluxus will perfectly match your needs if you use shaders
or you write ffgl plugins.

> (
> semi-off-topic, not fluxus, but opengl glsl shaders: these experiments from
really nice. congrats.

best,