[Fluxus] R7RS

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 04:41:40 PDT 2011

CC-ing the list, as I suspect you hit "reply" instead of "reply all" by
accident.

I think the library is about datetimes, actually. Check the Slashdot
> writeup:
>
> "date and time parsing/arithmetic/formatting"
>
> Surely hardly something of worry to livecoders?

Well, no, not "worry", actually standardisation, probably founded on the
"osc" way of looking at time is exactly what we need, I think. But parsing
time and arithmetic on is quite relevant, I think. Time is clearly a
inherent component in animation and I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a
game that lacks some sort of time component.

Advanced reasoning about time is something that -as an aside- I find quite
pleasant in livecoding. ChucK, my other livecoding language, does a lot with
that; it's aware of minutes and seconds etc as well as the duration of a
single sample and the user can extend that with concepts like "bar" or
"beat". so;

minute / beat => float BPM: //readable to both people and the VM = good.

That kind of reasoning has it's uses to us too. It'd be nice to get stuff
like that, though I realise that Scheme will largely be concerned with
formatting time for mathematicians who may be on different calenders and
time-zones and might use different notations; that's also cool anyway.

> Going back to lurking,
>
> Javier

If you prefer :¬)