[Fluxus] R7RS

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 02:17:09 PDT 2011

On 5 October 2011 03:49, Javier Candeira <javier at candeira.com> wrote:

> Hi Kassen and rest of the gang. Long time lurker here.
>
> Hey Javier!

> I am friends with John Cowan, one of the stewards of the r7rs process.

Cool!

> Can you describe exactly what's wrong with the new standard for
> dealing with time?

Nothing at all. That is; I didn't look at the details yet. It was a
reference to how Fluxus currently uses about 3 ways to deal with time (
"(time)", "(time-now)" and osc/netclock timestamps) and how this could use a
cleanup. It was funny to me how there could be yet a new system for dealing
with time introduced.

Admittedly I could have been a lot more clear there.

> Also, I don't have time (heh) to delve into it
> right now, is that standard part of r7rs small or r7rs large?

Large, I'd assume, but I'm not sure.