[Fluxus] win32 commits

Dave Foster dave.foster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 05:43:07 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:48 AM, Dave Griffiths <dave at pawfal.org> wrote:

> Yes, if you feel like an adventure, you can give it a go - it's probably
> easiest to start with the 0.16 binary zip as it contains all the dlls
> you need. 'scons GLSL=0 MULTITEXTURE=0 install' should work from a dos
> box, and will install to C:\Program Files\Fluxus

Yes, I gave up last night after trying to get ODE to build - I had thought
of the binary zip but wasn't sure it would everything I needed to get fluxus
built (includes for the libs), and it was getting late so I retired for the
evening :)

What would be most useful to me would be for you to beta test binaries
> on modern versions of the OS - I only have Win2k here! :)

Not a problem, running Vista at work and I have a 7 install on my home
machine.

> My plan is to fix the crash bug, get OpenGL 2.0 working (GLSL shaders,
> multitexturing and render to texture are all missing) and add the OpenAL
> module. This is mainly so I can release games for windows, and use it
> for livecoding workshops. For the more esoteric stuff (jack audio,
> fluxa, AR etc) it's going to need someone dedicated to Windows to get it
> all working and support it I think.

The crash bug is big for me.  I'll help where I can, but I'm primarily a
Linux guy, and the Windows development I do at work is more GUI based stuff.
 I just want to be able to run fluxus at work to try out a quick idea here
and there.

Thanks!