[Fluxus] win32 commits

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Feb 24 00:48:51 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 23:44 +0100, gabor papp wrote:
> hi Dave,
>
> > I'd be happy to check it out, are there any instructions for the win32 build
> > process?
> there's a section about it in the README file. i'm not sure how
> up-to-date it is.

Yes, if you feel like an adventure, you can give it a go - it's probably
easiest to start with the 0.16 binary zip as it contains all the dlls
you need. 'scons GLSL=0 MULTITEXTURE=0 install' should work from a dos
box, and will install to C:\Program Files\Fluxus

What would be most useful to me would be for you to beta test binaries
on modern versions of the OS - I only have Win2k here! :)

Although these commits mean that the current git version builds again in
Windows, it's still the cut down version of fluxus, only fluxus-engine,
and without any OpenGL 2.0 stuff - and still with the crash on scheme
error bug.

My plan is to fix the crash bug, get OpenGL 2.0 working (GLSL shaders,
multitexturing and render to texture are all missing) and add the OpenAL
module. This is mainly so I can release games for windows, and use it
for livecoding workshops. For the more esoteric stuff (jack audio,
fluxa, AR etc) it's going to need someone dedicated to Windows to get it
all working and support it I think.