[Fluxus] texture transparency for particles

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:38:49 PDT 2009

> that's another issue. as far as i know, fluxus depth sorts on object level,
> which means that the camera distance for each object is calculated then the
> objects are rendered in order from back to front. although the particles are
> depth sorted when the particle object is rendered, the whole particle
> primitive will be rendered at a time specified by its distance from the
> camera. this can interfere with the rest of the scene. polygon level depth
> sorting could be a solution, but fluxus does not do that as far as i know.
> dave will probably correct me if i'm wrong.

So this would become a issue when we'd have something like Tetris shapes
fitted together and looked at from a odd angle? In that case we'd have to
treat all parts of the object as separate objects and potentially chop faces
into bits like I did to my plane?

Plane pasted below for illustration.

Kas.

(with-state