[Fluxus] texture transparency for particles

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Wed Aug 12 10:13:41 PDT 2009

> from under the ground but I feared this might later interfere with viewing
> buildings from up close with a background that might involve sky and clouds.
that's another issue. as far as i know, fluxus depth sorts on object
level, which means that the camera distance for each object is
calculated then the objects are rendered in order from back to front.
although the particles are depth sorted when the particle object is
rendered, the whole particle primitive will be rendered at a time
specified by its distance from the camera. this can interfere with the
rest of the scene. polygon level depth sorting could be a solution, but
fluxus does not do that as far as i know. dave will probably correct me
if i'm wrong.