[Fluxus] usefulness for audio?

Peter Todd circulars at xinaesthetic.net
Sat Oct 25 08:31:33 PDT 2014

ChucK is a lot of fun, I like the ways you can reason with time etc and
always found it quite easy to use while SuperCollider always seemed a bit
obscure in some respects.

I think ChucK has it's limitations in that the language / environment
itself isn't as full featured / general purpose (and I'm not sure it's got
such sophisticated ways of representing musical concepts, like doing
operations on sequences). Also I don't think it's the most active project
these days, but I'm sure there's still a critical mass of enthusiastic
helpful people using it.

Overtone seems like a win/win, given you know and like lisp... I've not
really done anything real with it, but I used it long enough to get a very
good impression of it. scsynth is very mature / well optimised / full
featured etc, while Clojure is a popular modern language with access to
lots of libraries etc.

Have fun!