[Fluxus] usefulness for audio?

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Sat Oct 25 03:05:43 PDT 2014

On 25/10/14 03:10, plutek infinity wrote:
> so, i'm interested in thoughts any of you might have about the
> possibility of fluxus+fluxa really being a viable environment for what
> i'm doing; my sense is that it's a real stretch to think that it's truly
> appropriate -- which is truly a shame, because it is just simply such a
> beautiful and intuitive thing!  :(

Fluxa was really only intended as an experiment in a possible way of
doing audio, rather than a do-everything production type of thing. I'm
still using it for slub gigs quite a lot, but trying to keep it small
than add too many features.

I would agree with Peter that overtone is probably a good balance for a
more complete environment with a lisp interface (also with a really
active community), but it would be good to see more diversity in this area.

Interesting post btw!

cheerio,