[Fluxus] show-fps crash ubuntu lucid

wandering free walkingreen at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 17 11:36:49 PDT 2013

On 17/09/2013, gabor papp <gabor.lists at mndl.hu> wrote:
> hi,
>
> welcome to Fluxus.

thank you

>> > There *may* be more info in your ".xsession-errors" file (should be in
>> > your home dir); if anything there seems relevant you can send those
>> > lines.
> your problem is strange, but the old post from Kassen shows that
> something may be wrong with (show-fps). your gpu is not ideal indeed, but
> if
> everything but (show-fps) works that should not be the problem.
> it might be the part where the fps is converted to float to string in
> libfluxus/src/Renderer.cpp starting from line 347.
> try changing this:
> 	char s[32];
> 	sprintf(s,"%f fps",FPS);
> to this, and let us know how it works:
> 	char s[32];
> 	snprintf(s, 32, "%f fps",FPS);
>
> best,
> gabor

I rebuilt fluxus with the above alteration...no change I'm afraid.
The following line (not shown above) is a call to DrawText() - I
commented out this line, rebuilt and the crash did not occur. Of
course no fps was displayed either, but perhaps the problem is in that
function.

I had a poke around, uncommented to call to DrawText and commented out
the following on line 677:
    glutBitmapCharacter(GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_12, Text.c_str()[n]);

Again, no crash. Maybe glut is the culprit.

I may have noticed some glut warnings during the scons build. I will
try to get the stdout into a text file to have a look through.