[Fluxus] show-fps crash ubuntu lucid

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 04:15:01 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:04:07AM +0200, gabor papp wrote:
> your problem is strange, but the old post from Kassen shows that
> something may be wrong with (show-fps). your gpu is not ideal indeed, but if
> everything but (show-fps) works that should not be the problem.

Yes, I still think the FPS display has some issues and I do still
suspect those have something to do with transparency. Sometimes the
state of the scene-graph seems to "leak" and affect it. Sadly I only
run into that once the complexity starts flying around and I haven't
been able to isolate the issue down to something I'd waste somebody
else's time on.

However; that should not lead to crashes in any given OpenGL
implementation. It is not clear to me that there is even a OpenGL
implementation without some sort of issue in existence in the world at
all, seeing as how it is mostly concerned with going fast in the
general case and less with being correct under all conditions.

It is also not clear that these two things are related at all, of
course; maybe there are multiple issues.