[Fluxus] show-fps crash ubuntu lucid

wandering free walkingreen at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 17 11:43:56 PDT 2013

Problem seemingly solved...
I uncommented two lines that had been commented out for some reason. I
think I had read something about it elsewhere in this mailing list,
but cannot remember.
The "glDisable(GL_DEPTH_TEST)", and the consequent glEnable

void Renderer::DrawText(const string &Text)
{
    glPushMatrix();
    GetState()->Apply();
    //glDisable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);
    glDisable(GL_LIGHTING);
    glPushMatrix();
    glRasterPos3f(0.0, 0.0, -1.1);
    for (unsigned int n=0; n<Text.length(); n++)
    {
        glutBitmapCharacter(GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_12, Text.c_str()[n]);
        glTranslatef(1.0f,0.0f,0.0f);
    }
    glPopMatrix();
    glEnable(GL_LIGHTING);
    //glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);
    glPopMatrix();
}

If you feel like enlightening me on why this works, I wouldn't mind
hearing it, but am at least happy to have solved the crash. At least
that particular crash... :)