[Fluxus] mouse events handling

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 08:52:02 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 07:24:42PM +0400, Ivan Youroff wrote:
>    I think this is a good compromise. IMHO loss of clicks are the way worse
>    than coordinates drift that could happen if someone moves mouse really
>    fast and clicks.

Personally I tend to be very annoyed by that kind of behaviour,
especially in Google's Chromium browser. Chromium tends to behave like
this for me;

-I click
-Chromium decides to move page elements about on account of not having
loaded something before
-Something else ends up underneath my mouse cursor
-Chromium registers the click, then executes whatever, not all of
which can be undone.

IMHO this is worse than not registering the click, as data-loss, social
embarrassment or any number of other irreversible things could be
caused by this.

Then again; if we are writing some sort of interface where this would
be a factor we could simply store the relevant information of the last
frame.

>    Great. I'll wait for a fix. And does it mean that I can't do anything to
>    fix it through my code right now?

Not that I am aware of, right now. It'd make sense for mouse-buttons
to simply support the same functionality that keyboard keys do here.