[Fluxus] Binaries for Ubuntu 12.10

Robert Herman rpjherman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 11:00:58 PDT 2013

Thanks, guys for the quick responses. Persistence is the key to most
things. I was able to compile Racket 5.3.4 from source, and fluxus-0.18rc3
and get the visuals working! I will test my audio soon. I had to
continually install dependencies not listed in any instructions to keep the
fluxus build moving along, but it works. The key was commenting out the two
lines in fluxus-modules.ss with 'fluxus-video.ss' in them under the require
and provide block in fluxus-modules.ss. What will this affect if anything?
How can I test Jack with fluxus?

I had tried Extempore, which is an incredible accomplishment, but it is
more on the audio side, and more complex to get going and to code, at least
for me. I find fluxus to be so inviting. I'm thrilled. Do you think it
would be somewhat easy to add Common Music or Grace or Nyquist support to
fluxus for some livecoding of music inside the same inteface? Thanks again!

Rob