[Fluxus] Fluxus & Syphon

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 07:13:10 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 01:11:56PM +0100, Ted VjBros wrote:
>  For people who doesn't know what's Syphon is, it's a mac osx system to share easily video buffers between applications.
>  A Syphon server send the compatible application picture,
>  and in the syphon client, you can choose which syphon server to display.

This is of course really cool. Is this at all comparable to something
like screen or X-server displays on the Linux side?

Does anyone have any idea whether we could also dump those into video
textures?

Warning; perversity ahead;

I sometimes boot computers straight into FLuxus with a .xsession that
looks something like;

jackd -d alsa &
fluxus -f

It'd be nice to be able to pull up a video texture of a terminal to
admin such computers. At that point we might even write a simple
desktop environment in Fluxus.

Don't say I didn't warn about the perversity.