[Fluxus] tesselation of poly objects?

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon Feb 4 23:04:56 PST 2013

hi Rolf,

> When I simply displace the position pdata, there are gaps between the polygons.
this depends on how your object is structured. if the faces are sharing
vertices, this won't happen. if each face has distinct vertices there
will be gaps as you move them. if you try this with "mushroom.obj" it
works.

the other trick is to use (poly-convert-to-indexed), which removes the
duplicate vertices from the object. because of this, it might also
affect normals and shading. for some reason, it does not work with
bot.obj, maybe its vertex positions are not perfectly aligned. but you
can try it with built-in primitives like (build-cube).

best,