[Fluxus] emacs interpreter

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri May 25 03:35:29 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 01:16:04AM +0200, roger pibernat wrote:
> I'm new to Emacs and I'm trying to set it up to code fluxus.  I just can't
> make it run any code.  Not even a simple scheme example.

I'm not sure I heard of anyone doing what you want; running racket
inside of the editor. It'd be exciting if it would work.

I can tell you what I do from Vim which will work.

I start Racket inside of a named screen and there (require
fluxus-018/drflux). Now I have two windows; one running the Racket
interpreter in a terminal and one for the OpenGL graph.

Then I start Vim with a plugin called "slime.vim". I think it was a
adaptation of a Emacs idea. This plugin simply gives me a hotkey to
select a paragraph of text and sends it to this screen session. There
Racket will cheerfully parse it and the result ends up in the GL
scene.

This is of course a lot of stuff to start, especially if we add jackd
and Fluxa to the mix, so I wrote a bash script to do all of this for
me.

That's not exactly what you want and it is not the "Emacs way" of
keeping as much as possible inside of the editor (I can see the
appeal), but as mentioned; this should work right now. That's worth
something too.

You mention trying a few versions of Scheme, but I really think that
for this to work you'll need Racket and in particular you need the
exact Racket that you compiled Fluxus with.

Hope that gives a bit more joy,