[Fluxus] Screen resolution

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:51:12 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 11:17:46AM -0500, Carlos Alegría wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I would like to know the reasoning behind the camera translation.

Yes, of course.

> I understand that it is translating the camera to be able to see the plane that contains the texture, but I do not understand why is that the plane is not viewed smaller because of the camera translation.

Well, it is. For a plane to fill the screen the distance of the plane
to the camera needs to match the size of the plane. Here Gabor set
both to numbers that match each other. Of course this also points the
camera at the plane.

> Is fluxus using by default an orthogonal projection?. If this is the case, it is possible to change that projection?

You can use both perspective (the default) or orthogonal projection, if
you wish.

I hope that clarifies things a bit? Setting the camera transform here
is just a alternative to moving the camera using the mouse.