[Fluxus] plt-zscheme or Racket?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:04:51 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 09:49:26AM -0500, Carlos Alegria wrote:
> Hi all,

Hey Carlos!

> I would like to know what is the preferred way tom compile Fluxus now,
> before continuing on my compilation attempts. As for the latest stable
> release, according to the documentation I should be using plt-zscheme, but I
> have read on the mail lists that it seems that racket is already supported
> on the fluxus latest code from the git repository. Also, I'll appreciate
> some help if there is some one that is actually using fluxus on Arch 64bit.

I don't know about 64 bit but Fluxus should work on Arch just fine. At
least I hope so as I'm strongly considering Arch for my next Linux
install :-)

If the docs say PLT then some bit of the docs somehow got out of date;
the latest Racket, build from source with the parameters you gave
should work with Fluxus from Git. That sjould particularly give you
the shared libraries with the right type of garbage collection.

It'd be nice if you could say where you found the reference to PLT;
that reference should probably be corrected.

Good luck and shout if you run into more issues,