[Fluxus] plt-zscheme or Racket?

Carlos Alegria ccristoo at gmail.com
Fri May 11 07:49:26 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to get fluxus working on Arch 64 bits.  I first tried to use the
packages from AUR, but none of them seems to be working for me:

-          The package fluxus  builds against plt-zscheme via the package
drscheme360, which uses a plt-zscheme code downloaded from
http://download.plt-scheme.org/bundles/360/plt/plt-360-src-unix.tgz. After
making some patches on the code I was able to build plt-zscheme, but Fluxus
does not seem to find the libraries created by drscheme360, as it shows me
an error saying that mzscheme needs to be installed during its compilation:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...

Fluxus: Configuring Build Environment

Checking for C library m... yes

Checking for C library pthread... yes

Checking for C library dl... yes

Checking for C library mzscheme3m... no

ERROR: 'mzscheme3m' must be installed!

==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().

    Aborting...

I have used the "--enable-shared --prefix=/usr/local" flags as specified on
the Fluxus compilation documentation, but I have not been able to get it
work. I also tried to compile the latest 4.x zscheme code, but I am not able
to do it because of a segmentation fault error during compilation.

-          The package fluxus-git retrieves the latest code from the git
repository and uses racket instead of zscheme, but there is an error while
applying some patches for a segfault error.

I would like to know what is the preferred way tom compile Fluxus now,
before continuing on my compilation attempts. As for the latest stable
release, according to the documentation I should be using plt-zscheme, but I
have read on the mail lists that it seems that racket is already supported
on the fluxus latest code from the git repository. Also, I'll appreciate
some help if there is some one that is actually using fluxus on Arch 64bit.

Thanks a lot!!