[Fluxus] The cost of text?

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Tue Sep 20 06:44:32 PDT 2011

hi Kas,

> For reference; I tried to keep the FPS at about 30 and was testing with "top
> -d 1". The difference I was seeing was between about 45% and 65% CPU load so
> that's quite a significant increase for displaying a paragraph.
i haven't checked the editor code for a long time, but i remember fixing
the load dialog a while ago. it was very slow in directories containing
lots of files, because it was displaying everything, even all the lines
out of screen. it is possible that the editor does the same. and there
might be other things to optimize as well if it's still not enough.

best,