[Fluxus] External Editor with OS X

Benjohn Barnes benjohn at fysh.org
Mon May 9 11:53:22 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm working with Fluxus on OS X. I'd like to be able to write scripts using an external text editor and then include them in to Fluxus. I don't feel I've got very far with achieving this though!

I've found some documentation about PLT Scheme's module system [1], which seems helpful, but I'm not sure this will work for Fluxus, and I don't know how to tell Fluxus where it should look for modules. There also seem to be separate collect paths in Fluxus for PLT and Fluxus itself (plt-collects-path and fluxus-collectes-path). And then there is also get-searchpaths…

Links or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
	Benjohn

[1] http://www.htus.org/Book/Staging/how-to-use-modules/

p.s. – I hope to use Fluxus to prototype some ideas I've got for a game. I'd like to then implement the bulk of the game in TinyScheme with c++ for things that need to be quick. I'll mostly be eventually targeting the iPhone platform, and anything else that looks sensible.

--
benjohn at fysh.org - Twitter @benjohnbarnes - Skype benjohnbarnes - Mobile +44 (0) 7968 851 636