[Fluxus] fluxus-video fails to run

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:12:30 PDT 2011

> Gabor;
>

>  are you using latest git?

Yes. I push to "redacted" and pull from "master". This got me updates like
the new lambda (that I love) so hopefully also everything related to this.

> there was a mixup with the scons environments a while ago so all the libs
> were compiled to some modules even if they were not required. i don't think
> it's related to the problem, though.

I'm not sure. What do you mean when you say "all the libs were compiled to
some modules even if they were not required"? I believe I have all
dependencies and the Fluxus modules are all getting compiled, which is what
I wanted.

> have you managed to run the video module at the end? if you still receive
> the undefined symbol try to check the shared objects the module loads.

Sadly not yet so I'll try that when I have a moment.

> another option is to try to use the fluxus-freenect module if you have a
> kinect. it's kind of experimental at the moment, but it only requires the
> freenect library and not all the ffmpeg ones.

Nice! I'll probably want that also, in time, but right now I'd also like the
simple webcam to work. But yes, then I'll keep a eye open for a cheap
Kinect.

Thanks,