[Fluxus] minor oddness ( pi )

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 13:30:50 PST 2011

Hi Gabor,

>  i believe this is because fluxus uses the racket/base, while racket uses
> the racket library. racket/base is much smaller and loads faster.

That makes perfect sense and that's the kind of thing I suspected. Thanks.

> you can get pi by requiring racket (require racket) or (require
> racket/math).

 I tend to use this;

(define pi (* 2 (acos 0)))

That should be more accurate than anything I'm patient enough to manually
type and saves a library. Maybe I should add it my fluxus.scm; after I read
the Scheme specifications for how to deal with numbers I started trusting
this kind of internal representation a lot more.