[Fluxus] texture types (was Re: png diagonal oddness)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 07:55:43 PST 2011

Dave;

> This is a side effect of 3 bytes being interpreted as 4 bytes, or more
> probably the bug the Claude expanded on - I need to have a look at this
> to enable textures without alpha (of any size) to be used.

Check. So it's all really quite simple in the end! Happy I checked things.

I now also get the "random" element; I believe The Gimp doesn't set a alpha
layer unless creating the image involved a layer with transparency; that
would give exactly the results I saw. The "magical" trick of converting a
bmp to png using Python must mean that that Python library saves a alpha
channel anyway.

Phew, at least we got there in the end.

Thanks again,