[Fluxus] Building woes

Gabriel Peredo gabriel.peredo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:02:32 PST 2011

El mié, 19-01-2011 a las 17:59 +0100, Kassen escribió:

> Yes, that does sound like a Racket bug, especially as Racket's
> configure seems to do quite a decent job of making sure you have all
> libraries that it needs. I've never seen it do this, I have seen (read
> "caused") a mis-configured Racket cause issues building Fluxus but not
> Racket failing to build after verifying everything needed was there.

Well, I still have to look into it. I'll probably try in #racket first
to see if I the problem can be isolated, but at least I do know that it
only happened when building it with --enable-shared. Otherwise it built
just fine (save for the fact that I couldn't compile fluxus with it).

> Yes, it's lengthy and they do a good job of using threading to make
> the must of the cpu. If you are really getting worried you can of
> course make sure it's on some elevation to give the fans more space
> and put a table-top fan on the thing. Then again; Fluxus is quite
> capable of maxing out both the CPU and any GPU that may be present.
> It's annoying how many laptops don't seem made anticipating that we
> are actually going to use the GHz we paid for. One of the many things
> in the world I'll probably never grasp :¬).
>

> Kas.

Ah, yes. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that message that said
that it was using both of my CPU's cores. It's just that burning my
fingers on the touchpad makes me grumpy.

Oh, and my racket install just came out of the oven. I'll report how
fluxus went here later.