[Fluxus] Building woes

Gabriel Peredo gabriel.peredo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 08:35:18 PST 2011

El mié, 19-01-2011 a las 11:21 +0100, gabor papp escribió:
> hi Gabriel,
>
> > I'm trying to build fluxus on Ubuntu 10.10 32 bits with the latest
> > (nightly) version of Racket, built from source, and I get the following
> > error when sconsing fluxus from git:
> i can't access a ubuntu 10.10 os at the moment, but could you try racket
> 5.0.2 instead of the nightly build? what's your gcc version?
>
> best,
> gabor

I tried building racket 5.0.2 from source a day back or so but some
modules failed to compile (?) when I configured it with --enable-shared
and it didn't finish installing. I should probably submit a bug report
later this week -- when I feel like waiting for the darn thing to
compile while my laptop is heating like a stove.

I believe I just have whatever gcc version the repo ships.

	$ gcc --version
	gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) 4.4.5
	There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
	FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I'll give it a shot with racket 5.0.1, seeing that it worked for Kassen.

regards,
Gabriel Peredo