[Fluxus] scons library oddness

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 10:49:13 PST 2011

On 2 January 2011 23:40, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I just re-build Fluxus as a HD issue forced me to move to a new Linux
> install a bit ago.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I'll take documentation over netiquette.

Another thing that happened was that "scons -c" would at first note
(rightly) that I was still missing the dependencies for the optional
video/AR extension. It looked like scons would only clean those parts (or
perhaps clean at all) once their dependencies were installed.

I find it odd that it would complain about lacking optional dependencies
when asked to clean, yet at that time not complain about the issue it had
with libtiff (and likely more non-optional dependencies).

To me all of this is so strange that I doubt it's a scons issue (though it
might be a "Kas issue"). I'm getting back to it now because Fluxus is a
relatively challenging compile, certainly more challenging than other
systems in the same field I tried. Scons is the biggest help we have there
and it's great one.

I'd say that means that potential scons issues are serious ones as those can
harm or complicate the process of getting into the newest source version of
Fluxus, which affects the number of eyes on bugs and potential DEV-help.
Etc.