[Fluxus] scons library oddness

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon Jan 3 13:26:35 PST 2011

hi Kas,

> video/AR extension. It looked like scons would only clean those parts (or
> perhaps clean at all) once their dependencies were installed.
if the addon requirements are not met the code of that module is not
compiled, so there's nothing to clean up.

> I find it odd that it would complain about lacking optional dependencies
> when asked to clean, yet at that time not complain about the issue it had
> with libtiff (and likely more non-optional dependencies).
it should not do this. all dependency checks are skipped if the clean
option is specified. about the libtiff issue, it's always good to check
your config.log file to see what went wrong. another thing is, if you
cancel the library detection phase sometimes the data is incorrectly
cached so it's useful to clean the cache files and directories
(.sconf_temp and .sconsign.dblite) manually.

best,