[Fluxus] aspect ratio

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:42:48 PST 2011

Fluxers,

What is the current recommended way, if any, to set the aspect-ratio
in a way that survives (clear)?

I searched my list archives and the last way suggested was by Gabor
and involved a dummy cam + viewport, something that seems rather
roundabout and I'm not sure that that (should?) survive a (clear) now
that (clear) is -rightfully- slowly becoming more agressive.

If none, could we considder having such a setting? Perhaps as a thing
for .fluxus.scm? This seems reasonable now that wide-screen is clearly
here to stay and 4/3 isn't even that popular anymore for
non-wide-screen displays with 5/4 having taken that role when we see
such displays at all. Of course projectors still default to 4/3 in all
cases I recently encountered but round circles are nice and so is
full-screen.