[Fluxus] Fluxus on Ubuntu

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri Aug 12 08:45:17 PDT 2011

hi Peter,

> $ fluxus
> /usr/share/racket/collects/scheme/compiled/pretty_rkt.zo::0: read
> (compiled): code compiled for version 5.1.2, not 5.1.1
>
> It seems that the Racket PPA has a newer version than Fluxus was
> compiled (?) against.
yes, this is unfortunate. zo files are prebuilt modules, which cannot be
recompiled by the embedded racket interpreter in fluxus as far as i
know. what's more, racket 5.1.2 broke fluxus recently, which we haven't
been able to solve yet.

> Is their an easy way to solve this, without
> re-compiling anything? I would really like to use the PPAs...
installing the older racket 5.1.1 should solve this. i'm not using
ubuntu, so i might be wrong, but something like:

apt-get install racket=5.1.1

should work, but if not, i hope others with ubuntu will correct me.

best,