[Fluxus] Fluxus on Ubuntu

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Fri Aug 12 08:52:04 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 15:37 +0100, Peter Bouda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am totally new to Racket and Fluxus, so excuse if this is maybe a
> stupid questions... I installed both Fluxus and Racket from their Ubuntu
> PPA's (on Ubuntu 10.10; ppa:fluxus-maintainers/stable and
> ppa:plt/racket). When I start "fluxus" now I get the message:
>
> $ fluxus
> /usr/share/racket/collects/scheme/compiled/pretty_rkt.zo::0: read
> (compiled): code compiled for version 5.1.2, not 5.1.1
>
> It seems that the Racket PPA has a newer version than Fluxus was
> compiled (?) against. Is their an easy way to solve this, without
> re-compiling anything? I would really like to use the PPAs...

Sigh, yes the only way to get this to work would be rebuilding fluxus
from source.

What I will do when I'm next able to look at this (in a week,
unfortunately) is manually copy the racket package into the fluxus ppa.
I think this will prevent racket updates from breaking the fluxus ppa,
as we will be able to control when we take updates.