[Fluxus] quick start issue

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon Oct 11 05:33:34 PDT 2010

> *but* the simple examples still don't work.
> the 1st one (animate cube) doesn't animate anything, although I do have
> sound coming out of sc (and the cube is drawn).
you can check if everything is right by going to the repl (ctrl+0) and
typing (gh 0). every time you do this it should give a different value,
and not 0.0 if there's sound input. if the values are always bigger than
1.0, you have a too loud signal, and the cube is always painted white.

> running the 1st example from "input" gives me:
> reference to undefined identifier: harmonic-number
you should replace harmonic-number with an integer value meaning the
harmonic bin you are interested in. it's something between 0 and 15 if
you use the default settings.

> running the keyboard input example gives me:
> reference to undefined identifier: key-pressed
this should not happen. are you sure the minus sign in key-pressed is
typed right?

> maybe there's something wrong with the fluxus version shipped with
> puredyne ?
i don't think so. the puredyne cd has been used in several fluxus
workshops in the past. what's more dave is developing fluxus in puredyne
if i'm not mistaken.

best,