[Fluxus] quick start issue

yvan volochine yvan.sc at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 11 05:10:47 PDT 2010

> hi,
>
>> (start-audio "SuperCollider:out_1" 256 44100)
> try (start-audio "" 256 44100) and connect the ports in qjackctrl. make sure the numbers are the same as in qjackctrl (buffer size and sample rate).
>
>> fluxus does not appear in jack. I try all the examples from the Quick
>> Start but nothing works. I feel very stupid =)
> i checked it and the double quotes (") were wrong characters. fixed it on flossmanuals (http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Fluxus/Input)
> thanks for the report. please let us know if you encounter more problems.
>
>> (running fluxus-0.17, puredyne-9.11, intel mac)
> doesn't the mac build work for you?
>
> best,
> gabor

hi
restarted my machine and now fluxus appears fine in jack. (sorry for the
noise)

*but* the simple examples still don't work.
the 1st one (animate cube) doesn't animate anything, although I do have
sound coming out of sc (and the cube is drawn).

running the 1st example from "input" gives me:
reference to undefined identifier: harmonic-number

running the keyboard input example gives me:
reference to undefined identifier: key-pressed
(about the new double-quote, I can't even type this character on my
german layout, but maybe it's because it's a mac)

and I run linux (puredyne) on this mac so didn't try the mac build.

maybe there's something wrong with the fluxus version shipped with
puredyne ?
I might compile it myself and try again.

thanks for your help and sorry if I miss the obvious.
_y