[Fluxus] Hi and where (and what) are the examples?

Stefan Blixt stefan.blixt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 13:22:59 PDT 2010

So I've been scratching my head for a bit and I figured I might as well
introduce myself with this silly question.

I'm reading fluxus-documentation-en.pdf, which every now and then refers to
something called "the examples". I've installed fluxus on OSX, and under
Fluxus.app/Contents/Resources I find a bunch of directories with stuff - are
the examples somewhere in here? I installed fluxus on Ubuntu Studio using
apt-get, so now I have /usr/bin/fluxus, and there is some stuff under
/usr/share/fluxus, but they don't look like examples.

I'll be using fluxus on Ubuntu (my OSX Jack installation confuses me), so if
someone could tell me where to find the examples here I would be grateful.
:)

The reason I'm getting desperate for the examples right now is I'm reading
about build-pixels and pixels-upload (page 29), and I don't quite understand
how to put these kinds of textures on my 3D objects. I found some files
under collects/fluxus-016 on the Mac, but I'm not sure these answer my
question.

Anyway, this here is a very interesting and good-looking framework. And it's
fun learning Scheme! I'm not sure what I'll be doing here, but I'm enjoying
myself nonetheless. :)

Cheers,

Stefan