[Fluxus] scs3?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 13:34:25 PST 2010

Dear list,

I've been quite interested in this thing called "scs3" which is a Scheme
interface to SuperCollider.
It uses PLT-Scheme and OSC so we've got that covered. It also does some
thing (apparently involving timing) in compiled Scheme for which it uses
something called Ikarus. That bit doesn't look too involved.

However, the sparse docs there ( http://www.slavepianos.org/rd/sw/rsc3/ )
only explain how to set this up for Emacs. None of the doc nor the code (as
far as I can see) explains much about the structure of the whole setup which
makes it a bit hard for me to tell where to start getting this to work.
So.... I'm hoping somebody might already have done this; it does sound like
something that could make sense.

Has anyone tried getting this to run in/with Fluxus? This idea also sounds
very close to what Fluxa does (more or less identical, in fact) does that
indicate that interfacing the SC3 synth engine would be a worse idea that
using Fluxa for some reason or in some specific context?