[Fluxus] fft audio fixes

Dave Foster dave.foster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 09:03:55 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com>wrote:

> I do have a rather basic question now, since this is the first update after
> I made the jump to running the git version. I originally made a "clone"
> which resulted in a "fluxus" dir with source and docs that lives in my main
> "Fluxus" dir. The git docs at
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-clone.html tell me
> that I won't have to copy the whole thing again, but can instead "fetch" or
> "pull". Sounds good, but they are different and I don't understand enough of
> it to make a educated choice.

You want to do a "git pull origin master" while in your fluxus clone dir to
update to the latest source.

FYI, git-pull is really doing two things in order: git-fetch and git-merge.
 fetch means retrieve the updates from a remote location, in this case
"origin" which is automatically set when you clone, but will not merge that
into your local checkout.

Supposing that my clone is in ~/Fluxus/fluxus/ and I didn't edit the source,
> what do I type to get this update? I take it that it will need a "scons
> clean" too?

Yes you should probably clean.  Scons is suppose to be smart enough to
figure out what is different, and you could just try it, but if you get any
hint of a problem just clean and start fresh.