[Fluxus] avoiding glitches and sphere normals

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 09:22:23 PST 2010

>>  this is probably because non-uniform scaling affects normals. because the
> transformed normals might not be unit length, resulting
> in undesirable lighting problems. (hint-normalize) makes
> all normals unit length after they are transformed.

Very interesting, and I take it I can call that in the scope of building
more complicated objects consisting of multiple primitives? Then that also
means I could procedurally build deformed objects, use (scale) to get them
back to their proper size and have dramatic lighting in a controlled way!

Clearly I'm not so interested in literal realism here but I am very
interested in getting more control over the exact way in which things are
unrealistic.

I'll play around with this.

Thanks again,