[Fluxus] getting there osc-recursion-

geoffroy tremblay gef at ponnuki.net
Fri Dec 31 01:18:11 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:08 AM, gabor papp <gabor.lists at mndl.hu> wrote:
>> move around. can I accomplish the same effect with the camera move
>> than the normal mouse camera ?
>
> you can check how fluxus does it. the code is in
> fluxus/modules/scheme/camera.ss. see (input-camera), which sets the camera
> rotation and position depending on mouse movement and (update-camera), which
> uses the camera parameters to set up a camera matrix that you can load with
> the (set-camera-transform) function. let us know if you need further help.

nice - good to read directly from there...

>> also the osc is quite laggy - is there some better to get the osc
>> data? it's not really usable at this point - maybe it's sending too
>> much data to the function (like too often - can I reduce that ?)
>
> it is possible that you send too much data, you have to drain the data
> reading all available osc messages to decrease the lag.
>
>> I am also moving around a recursion - and taking input from the audio
>> in -  and it seems out of sync - is there someway to create a faster
>> connection with jack ? or is it just computer power that will help
>> that ?
>
> it should be quite fast by default. maybe you are using a too deep recursion
> level that slows down processing. especially because you set the level from
> the mouse wheel, and you have no upper limit. you can check the frame per
> second using. if that looks fine, you can try changing the
> buffer size of jack.

the fps start at about 16 and drop to 9ish when too many recursions
are loaded - will play around with the buffer size to see how that
will help.

thanks - I am doing a short live event for new year - mainly mixing
music  and playing around with fluxus with this code (not really live
coding yet ) - not sure if I'll integrate the osc part this time -
anyhow I will video some part of the event and post it online ;)

thanks again