[Fluxus] getting there osc-recursion-

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri Dec 31 00:08:37 PST 2010

> move around. can I accomplish the same effect with the camera move
> than the normal mouse camera ?
you can check how fluxus does it. the code is in
fluxus/modules/scheme/camera.ss. see (input-camera), which sets the
camera rotation and position depending on mouse movement and
(update-camera), which uses the camera parameters to set up a camera
matrix that you can load with the (set-camera-transform) function. let
us know if you need further help.

> also the osc is quite laggy - is there some better to get the osc
> data? it's not really usable at this point - maybe it's sending too
> much data to the function (like too often - can I reduce that ?)
it is possible that you send too much data, you have to drain the data
reading all available osc messages to decrease the lag.

> I am also moving around a recursion - and taking input from the audio
> in -  and it seems out of sync - is there someway to create a faster
> connection with jack ? or is it just computer power that will help
> that ?
it should be quite fast by default. maybe you are using a too deep
recursion level that slows down processing. especially because you set
the level from the mouse wheel, and you have no upper limit. you can
check the frame per second using (show-fps 1). if that looks fine, you
can try changing the buffer size of jack.