[Fluxus] MIDI clock

gowiththeflow at free.fr gowiththeflow at free.fr
Fri Dec 10 08:10:05 PST 2010

> Uh, I didn't even realize it was in French ^^
> Here's a better one: http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/midi_10.htm

OK I've googled a bit more, read about the theory behind time signatures etc.
It appears a time signature message is defined in the MIDI norm:
http://www.midi.org/techspecs/midimessages.php#4

I've tried to find a sequencer which sends such messages. No luck with RoseGarden and Ableton Live!

I suggest to add two new function midi-set-signature, that takes a pair (upper, lower), and (midi-signature), that returns a similar pair, right now.
The default signature is and still will be 4/4.

Later, if I can find proofs the time signature message is used somewhere on this planet, write some code so that the signature can be modified from the outside...

Is it OK?

Also Ted suggests I should have my own git account. As I'd rather have him write visual scripts, I think it's a good idea! Dave? :)

--
    G.