[Fluxus] port abuse

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 11:17:01 PDT 2010

> This is exactly the kind of direction I'd like fluxus to go in - I see
> no reason that we can't gradually rewrite the entire editor in scheme
> using our primitives. This would mean we could do a lot more work on the
> presentation of the code and errors...

So, Fluxus will eventually be like Emacs, except that our build-in Tetris
will look better?

This will be great! Vi/Emacs debates won't have a thing on the debates about
a Lisp-based editor v.s. a Scheme-based one!

... and if you are finding new and exciting ways of crashing, it's a
> good indication that you are onto something interesting!

At the very least I'm on to more advanced references than introductions to
Scheme; that's interesting. I'm also learning a lot. I'm learning a lot of
Scheme and every day I learn that what I tried the last was way too
complicated and that it can be done in a far more simple way. That's really
quite interesting too, compared to the many systems where things keep
getting more and more complicated instead. :-)