[Fluxus] easy peasy

evan.raskob [lists] lists at lowfrequency.org
Mon Aug 30 15:18:43 PDT 2010

Thanks for all the great work you guys have done making the install nice and easy - I just compiled on an ancient G4 laptop running 10.5.8 using the standard Racket 5.0.3 (not built from scratch) and it was so easy! Only needed 2 compiler flags, and the instructions from the README were clear and concise.  No more build script and extraneous compile-time path setting needed!

FWIW, it was for this exhibition, opening Wednesday 1 September: http://pixelist.info/ice_snakenoise-at-unleashed-devices-1-september-to-22-october-2010/

(If you look at the artist list, you'll see some other familiar faces...)

Also, I'm impressed that I managed to get fluxus running a high-def 3D extrusion sketch, alongside SuperCollider, with both auto-starting from custom-built apps and running at perfectly acceptable framerates, all on the 12" G4 Powerbook 1.5GHz.  Viva le ancient laptops!

Best
Evan