[Fluxus] proof of concept

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 02:51:59 PDT 2010

On 31 August 2010 08:44, glauber prado <prado.glauber at gmail.com> wrote:

> you can just quote it like \" i think, perhaps this was causing the double
> spacing that i saw cant remember if it was there before i changed it neither
> test it right now(my netbook is underpowered now)

Yeah, I think escape characters are the way to go.

> trying to be more serious do you think this could be how can i say more
> than a proof of concept, i didn't realized we could do it entirely with
> scheme only :), anyway for a prototype this is cool. Perhaps we need a
> better event interface i think. But i also think that all my opinions on
> this subject would be biased towards emacs.
>
> Yeah, I seriously think we could do a whole editor in Scheme. The way this
works right now is really inefficient, though. It re-builds the whole text
object for every edit and I think every frame as well. That could be
improved a lot, maybe with one letter per object, that would also make
syntax highlighting fairly easy. Maybe we do need some sort of hud, perhaps
with a option for layers and text support. Also; I don't think that right
now we can catch keyboard commands like ctrl+[x]...