[Fluxus] easy peasy

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 16:48:10 PDT 2010

On 31 August 2010 00:18, evan.raskob [lists] <lists at lowfrequency.org> wrote:

> Thanks for all the great work you guys have done making the install nice
> and easy - I just compiled on an ancient G4 laptop running 10.5.8 using the
> standard Racket 5.0.3 (not built from scratch) and it was so easy! Only
> needed 2 compiler flags, and the instructions from the README were clear and
> concise.  No more build script and extraneous compile-time path setting
> needed!

I agree. I installed Fluxus on a fresh install of Ubuntu a few days ago and
indeed; if you don't stubbornly  muck up Racket like I did on this laptop it
goes very smoothly. The one issue I had was with three libraries for jpg,
png and tif that weren't in the docs but scons is a joy to work with and
pointed out exactly what I needed.

With all of the notes about "X crashes", "Y misbehaves", "Z is
under-documented", and "Oh, and let's re-do all of the interface in a
entirely different language because we could make a much bigger mess that
way" it really can't hurt to note that it all works very well indeed.

Cool video too, Evan!