[Fluxus] Still troubles with fluxa

Janosch Peters petersj at in.tum.de
Tue Jun 30 01:54:03 PDT 2009

Hi list,

last month I tried to get fluxa running, with no success. I'll sum up
here what is working and what is not and describe my settings, hoping
that someone has any clues what to try next.

Fluxa connects to jack, and receives OSC messages from fluxus. I can
hear a cracking noise when fluxa starts. JackPilot shows the following
connections:

fluxa:Out0 -> system:playback_1
fluxa:Out1 -> system:playback_2

My aggregate device uses "Output(internal)" and "Input(Internal)" with
"Clock" set to "Output(Internal)". I translated the device names from
german, so Im not 100% sure that they are named like this in english.

If I run this in fluxus

(require fluxus-016/fluxa)
(play-now (mul (sine 440) (adsr 0.1 0.1 0 0)))

I can see that fluxa gets the OSC messages (because I uncommented some
debug output in fluxa), but I hear nothing. Am I right to presume that
the command above should produce a infinite sine?

Audio input to fluxus works, by the way. Im able to use the "gh"
function. I have a pretty recent macbook (unibody) and OS X 10.5.7.

Thanks in advance,
Janosch