[Fluxus] fluxus live streaming

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon Jun 29 12:25:42 PDT 2009

> Thanks for the hint. But that won't get me a direct video from
> fluxus, either. It's //just another// screen-capture.
oh, right.

> I don't think it'd be too hard to extend fluxus, calling
> glReadPixels(..) for each frame and forward the frame-data to an
> external application for encoding.
i think using glReadPixels would be really slow.

have you tried glc? http://nullkey.ath.cx/projects/glc
i remember that i checked it out a few months ago, and it recorded the
fluxus window fine.

> Fluxus already supports frame-dumping as TIFF, JPEG and PNM. I just
> did not see a way to use this for continuous and live video.
>
> Would this be a valid feature-request?
i think this would be really cool. but it should not require new
dependencies unless it's a separate module :).

all the best,