[Fluxus] potentially silly question (colour)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 08:45:09 PDT 2009

Dear list,

Inspired by a laptop with a better video card I've been experimenting with
Fluxus again.

I build a cube... I wrote a function to take the cube and change it's
colour... and then the trouble started.

I thought I'd next change the cube to look like one of those kids toys with
a different colour on every face (like a die for some game). For this I
thought I'd grab the cube, iterate over it's faces using "for-each-face" and
set the colour. In my most successful attempts so far all I got was a cube
changing colour.

Am I misunderstanding exactly what colour is applied to? Is this a property
of the whole cube with a single face not being considered a primitive in
this context and thus not having it's own colour? I went up and down the
docs, examples and online reference as well as what I have here of the list
archives and I can't find anything on this particular subject.

Sorry, it might take a while for me to start asking interesting questions as
I have yet to come to proper grips with either Scheme or 3d rendering.